Thursday, September 11, 2008

Inagural Posting for My Sisters

I am a relationship and life coach specializing in guiding female baby-boomers through life's transitions. You might ask what I mean by "life's transitions"? Well, it's true, we do get better with time as fine wines do but sometimes the journey can be taxing for some. Menopause and the emotional and physical ups and downs alone can make most of us think we're loosing our minds (as well as those close to us). Add in the possibility of starting over in relationships due to death or divorce after the age of 40. Did you wake up today wondering "what next". Am I really where and who I want to be or is it time to reinvent myself to find true happiness in my own skin. If your content with all of the above (minus the menopause of course, no one is content with that) but find the aging process is putting a damper on your sexual libido, this alone can be frustrating.

In this blog, I plan to address these issues and more. I hope that others will post their experiences as well. It always helps to know you're not going through transition in a vacuum. You're not loosing your mind; and if you are, there are a lot of us who are insane as well and misery certainly loves company.

I know first hand. I am a 48 year old women raising a teenage child as a single parent after loosing my husband to a massive heart attack 5 years ago. I had been an executive with a corporation for 9 years until a year ago when I was laid off without any advance warning. I opened my own business 2 years ago which focuses on relationship strengthening and intimacy enhancing products and I coach as well (as noted in the opening statement). I have found peace in my transition and now I want to help others do the same. Locally I started a MeetUp group for Women in Transition and enjoy the fellowship gotten from those gatherings. Hopefully some of my friends from there will add to my blog as time goes on. We hope to be able to laugh and cry together and then celebrate the fantastic women we have become and nurture those who will come on this journey behind us.

So now, that being being said, tell me what's on your mind!

2 comments:

Michiganrozier said...

Hi Angel, I love the kickoff to your blog. I too have undertaken a huge change in my mid-40's life (and the lives of my family). I am now the primary wage earner in the family and we have relocated to Brazil for my job.
So while dealing with the stress of a new job, new country, new language, all the financial responsibility and still promoting my career, I am still proud to be focusing on my number one and two priorities in life, my husband and kids.
I look forward to any advice or tips to help me on my journey.
Love Cheryl

I'm just saying... said...

You're doing the right thing. You're following your own star and nurturing the hearts of those who matter most, yours and your family. That will go a long way towards tolerance of all outside influences or intrusions. Enjoy the journey versus focusing on the destination!

Love to you all!!

Angel